Saturday 2 March 2013

Perfect Protein Powder Pancakes



So I’ve been promising you all my wonderful protein pancake recipe for a few weeks now. And, finally, here it is. But first - a story.

I have been on the lookout for a good protein powder recipe since I found out what the heck protein powder was back in 2008. I must admit, I’ve been turned off by these kind of pancakes for quite some time because I just could not find a recipe that worked. I don ‘t know if I was just a terrible chef a few years ago when I first started trying these  recipes but I have finally found one that not only forms circles that actually look like pancakes, this recipe actually makes them taste good too! I decided to be brave and test out a new recipe a month or two ago and I have made my own tweaks to the it to come up with what you’ll see below. 

The great thing about this recipe is that it’s totally versatile, easy and you probably have all of the ingredients in your fridge or cupboard right now. Get creative with different versions of this recipe and let me know what you’ve come up with!


Chantelle’s Perfect Protein Powder Pancakes 


Ingredients
½ cup oats (I use Quaker quick oats)
1 scoop protein powder (I used Cinnabon Trutein but get creative here. The flavour you use slightly changes the flavour of the pancakes! Play with vanilla, chocolate, cookies and cream, peanut butter, etc)
1 banana, mashed (the riper, the better)
1 tsp vanilla extract
Stevia & cinnamon to taste
¾ c egg whites

Directions
Mix all ingredients together. Pour batter onto pre-heated griddle & cook as you would any regular pancake. Top with fruit of your choice (apples, bananas, blueberries, strawberries) or other toppings you think would be delicious (peanut butter, dark chocolate shavings, etc). 
 
These are amazing. My entire family loves them, even my four-year-old. In fact, she usually eats just as many or more as I do. Let me know your thoughts!

0 comments:

Post a Comment