Tuesday 1 January 2013

Resolve to be the best YOU this year.



                Welcome to 2013, folks.

Did you make any resolutions? Why or why not? 

I know that there have been years where I’ve not made any resolutions but this year I’ve made a resolution to make monthly goals because I think it’s important to keep yourself motivated throughout the year not just in January because it’s the start of a new year! I tried this method in the later months of 2012 and it seemed to work rather well for me. I would take some time one of the last days of the month, a half hour of my day, and write down all of the things I want to accomplish over the next 30 or 31 days. It’s been effective for me because I like to be able to see my goals. I will use pretty paper or markers and make the goal sheet aesthetically appealing and then stick it somewhere I will see it often enough to motivate me (like on my fridge). I also am a huge sucker for to-do lists (and, subsequently, crossing things off my to-do lists) so I like to make some of my goals with numbers behind them so I can cross off the numbers as I accomplish my goals. For example, take a look at my goals for January:



I plan to do weekly crafts with Melina (my daughter) and try new recipes weekly, hence why the numbers “ 1 2 3 4 “ are written behind those goals. When I complete one of those goals, I’ll cross off #1 and so on and so forth.
I know some people are blatantly against the idea of New Years resolutions simply because of the amount of negativity that resolutions sometimes get due to their often-high failure yet. But, in all honestly, whether you make a resolution on the 31st of December, 1st of January or in the middle of any given month, ANYTIME is a great time to set a goal. We all know that a resolution is just another way of looking at goal setting so take some time later today, tomorrow or RIGHT NOW and set yourself some goals to kick in the face this year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment